Last Updated: June 7th, 2021
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
4. WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
6. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
7. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
8. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
11. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
12. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
13. OTHER PROVISIONS
13. CONTACT US
II. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide to us on our websites and through our mobile applications and games, information we obtain automatically when you use our Services, and information from other sources such as third-party services, organizations and platforms, as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us.
- Account Creation. We may collect information from Oculus, Steam or other platforms when you create an account to play our games via such platforms, such as your profile picture, display name, Game Platform User ID, or other information that you have made available via your privacy settings on such platforms.
- Beta User Information. If you sign up to join a Beta on our Services, we will collect your email address, first name, age, gender, type/model of VR headset, platform type, platform username and Discord username. We will also collect additional information you provide, including via surveys, such as hours playing the games, comfort and estimated motion sickness levels while playing the game and a net promoter score and we will add your email to our mailing list for beta testers. For more information about how to unsubscribe from our email list, please see Section III.C below.
- Purchases. We may collect aggregate information from Oculus or Steam (e.g., what has been purchased and refund metrics). Any payments made for our Services are processed through Oculus or Steam. We do not collect or store any payment card information for purchases on our Services.
- Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information, such as your name and email address, when you complete the “Contact Us” form on our main website or register for our mailing list, User IDs and headset used, details of your request and any attachments you provide when you request customer or technical support and other information you may provide when you apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
- Interactive Features. We and others who use our Services may have access to personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g., the games themselves, forums, blogs, and social media pages). Any information you provide on these features will be considered “public”, unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. Please exercise caution before revealing personal information to strangers via our Services. For more information about third party websites, please see Section XIII below.
- Sweepstakes or Contests. We may collect personal information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of sweepstakes and contest winners.
- Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
- Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your information to assess your qualifications.
B. Information Collected Automatically
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services:
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, cookie identifiers and platform identifiers , in game analytics, player event data, information on bugs and crashes browser or device information, general location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and hardware information such as your GPU (type and clock speed), CPU (type and clock speed), system memory, OS locale, and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
C. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including from other users and through third-party services and organizations. For example, if users choose to send us extracts of gameplay.
III. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market our products and Services, as described below.
A. Provide Our Services
We use your information to provide you with our Services, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services, including game play;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support; and
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes.
B. Administrative Purposes
We use your information for various administrative purposes listed below where we have a legal basis to do so, such as:
- Product research and development (including marketing research);
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities;
- Enforcing our agreements and policies;
- To create aggregated analytics information, such as information about the device from which you access our Services; and
- Processing applications if you apply for a job we post on our Services.
C. Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services
We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements.
We market to you in the following ways: via email campaigns, targeted on-line advertisements on social media and at trade shows and other events.
If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to withdraw consent of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth in Section XIV below.
D. Other Purposes
We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
- Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
- To promote safety, integrity and security. We use the information we collect to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our services, and promote safety and security.
- Share Content with Friends. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend, such as an invite code to invite your friend to use our Services.
- Complying with our legal obligations. We may process personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, including if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so or when we have a good-faith belief it is necessary as described in “B. Disclosures to Product Us or Others” below.
IV. WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
- as necessary to fulfill our Terms of Service and provide the Services;
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- occasionally to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- as necessary in the public interest; and
- as necessary for our (or others') legitimate interests, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
V. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your information to third parties for the following business purposes: to provide our Services, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
A. To Provide our Services
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your information are described below.
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
- APIs/SDKs. We may use third-party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth in Section XIV below.
B. To Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose information associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
C. In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and contract.
VI. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Your Privacy Choices. The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are described below.
- Email Communications. If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails. Note that you will continue to receive transaction-related emails regarding products or Services you have requested. We may also send you certain non-promotional communications regarding us and our Services, and you will not be able to opt out of those communications.
We process requests to be removed from email marketing lists.
- “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, in certain circumstances you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information;
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
- Request Deletion or Anonymization of your personal information;
- Request Restriction of our processing of your personal information;
- Right to Object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where we are processing data based on our legitimate interests;
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information. If you refrain from providing personal information or withdraw your consent to processing, some features of our Service may not be available;
- Request data portability and receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us; and
- Be informed about third parties with which your personal information has been shared.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in Section XIV below.
VII. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services.
VIII. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
As we are a United States company, it is necessary to transfer your personal information to the US and other third countries outside of the UK/EEA in order for us to provide the Services to you and such third countries may have data protection laws that are different and less protective from the laws where you live. Where we transfer UK/EEA personal data to third parties in third countries, we utilize Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, and rely on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for such transfers.
IX. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
X. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This Supplemental Notice for California Residents only applies to our processing of personal information that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides California residents with the right to know what categories of personal information BigBox has collected about them and whether BigBox disclosed that personal information for a business purpose (e.g., to a service provider) in the preceding 12 months. California residents can find this information below:
Category of Personal Information Collected by BigBox
Category of Third Parties Information is Disclosed to for a Business Purpose
An alias, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, or other similar identifiers.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name or other similar identifiers as listed above.
Internet or other electronic network activity
Information on a consumer’s interaction with an internet website or application.
Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
Professional or employment-related information (job applicants only)
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
The categories of sources from which we collect personal information and our business and commercial purposes for using personal information are set forth above in “Personal Information We Collect” and “How We Use Your Information” above.
“Sales” of Personal Information under the CCPA
For purposes of the CCPA, BigBox does not “sell” personal information, nor do we have actual knowledge of any “sale” of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents
If you are a California resident, subject to certain exceptions and applicable law, you may have certain rights in relation to information we process about you
- Right to Know. In relation to your right to access described above, you may request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for each disclosure.
- Right to Delete. In relation to your right to delete as described above, you may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from you.
- Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of their rights conferred by the CCPA.
- Authorized Agent. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, please contact us as set forth in Section XIV below.
- Verification. To protect your privacy, we will take the following steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. When you make a request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include your name, email address, or Game Platform User ID.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact us as set forth in Section XIV below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
XI. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth in Section XIV below.
XII. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
If you are a parent or guardian and wish to review information collected from your child, or have that information modified or deleted, you may contact us as described in Section XIV below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account and/or revert them to the underage experience, as applicable.
XIII. OTHER PROVISIONS
Third-Party Websites/Applications. The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
Supervisory Authority. You may have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law including in the EU and UK.
XIV. CONTACT US
BigBox VR, Inc.
915 E. Pine Street, Suite 405
Seattle, WA 98122